- Coduto, D.P., Kich W.A. and Yeung, M.R. (2016). Foudation Design: Principles and Practices, 3ed, Pearson, New York;
- Coduto, D.P., Yeung, M.R., and Kitch, W.A. (2011). Geotechnical Engineering: Principles and Practices, 2ed, Pearson, New York; [download errata for printings 1-3]
- Kitch, W.A. (2009). Geotechnical Engineering Lab Manual, Kendall Hunt, Dubuque, IA
- Nelson, D.N., Kitch, W. A., Maxwell, K.H., Crow, D. J. (1997). Civil Engineering 310 Air Base Design and Performance: Environment, Infrastructure, and Combat Support, Kendall Hunt, Dubuque IA
Journal Publications, Peer Reviewed
- Wu, X., Freese, D., Cabrera, A., Kitch,W. (2015), “Electric Vehicles’ Energy Consumption Measurement and Estimation“, Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, Volume 34, 52-67
- Philips, C.E. and Kitch, W.A. (2011). “A Review of Methods for Characterization of Site Infiltration with Design Recommendations“, Journal of the Nevada Water Resources Association, Summer 2011, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 29-46
Conference Proceedings Articles, Peer Reviewed
- Conrad, S., Kitch, W., Pfeiffer, T., Rhoulac Smith, T., and Tocco, J. (2015). â€œStudents Writing for Professional Practice: A Model for Collaboration Among Faculty, Practitioners, and Writing Specialists.â€ ASEE Conferences, 26.1432.1â€“26.1432.19.
- Waller, J. D., and Kitch, W. A. (2014). “Use of Saline Water in Compaction of Engineered Fills.” Geo-Characterization and Modeling for Sustainability, ASCE, Atlanta, GA, 3871-3879.
- Pekin, O., Woon, J., Do, S., and Kitch, W. A. (2014). “Development of Foundation Systems for Solar Array at Owens Lake, California.” Geo-Characterization and Modeling for Sustainability, ASCE, Atlanta, GA, 3591-3604.
- Kitch, W.A. and Codudo, D.P. (2012), “Geotechnical-Structural Integration in US Foundation Engineering Curricula“, Shaking the Foundations of Geo-Engineering Education, 4-6 July
- Kitch, W.A., Gilbert, R.B., and Wright, S.G. (2011). “Probabilistic Assessment of Commercial Design Guides for Steep Reinforced Slopes: Implications for Design“,GeoRisk 2011: Geotechnical Risk Assessment and Management, ASCE, Atlanta, GA, June 26-28
- Kitch, W.A.. (2011). “Evaluation of Effectiveness of Just-in-Time-Teaching and Peer Instruction Methods in Civil Engineering Courses.” 2011 ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings, American Society for Engineering Education, Vancouver, BC. June 26-29, AC 2011-2754
- Kitch, W.A., and Coduto, D.P. (2010). “A Project-Based Introductory Geotechnical Laboratory Course, GeoFlorida 2010: Advances in Analysis, Modeling & Design, Geo-Institute Congress, ASCE, February 20-24, 3227-3236
- Kitch, W. A., Wright, S. G., and Gilbert, R. B. (1995). “Probabilistic Analysis of Reinforced Soil Slopes“, Proceedings: 10th Engineering Mechanics Conference, ASCE, Boulder CO, May, (1) 325-328
- Rinehart, E. J. and Kitch, W. A.(1984). “Dynamic In Situ Material Properties Determination: Expectations and Limitations,” Proceedings: Engineering Mechanics in Civil Engineering
- Kitch, WA (2012) “Slope Stability Analysis Procedures“, AEG-GI Short Course, UC Riverside, CA, May 12
- Rosenkrantz, P.R. and Kitch, W.A.(2010). “An Innovative Approach for College-Level Assessment in a Large Engineering Program,” ABET Symposium XII, Las Vegas, April 15-17
- Kitch, W.A. (2010) “Engineering Competitions as Communication Learning Opportunities,” seminar presented for Cal Poly Pomona Faculty Development Center, April
- Kitch, W.A. (2009). “Integrating Writing Center into Student Projects in STEM Courses,” seminar presented for Cal Poly Pomona Faculty Development Center, April
- Kitch, W. A.(2008). “Improving Student Preparedness with Just In Time Teaching (JiTT) Techniques,” presented at 11th CSU Regional Symposium on University Teaching, Cal Poly Pomona, April
- Andrei, D., Kitch, W., Ellingsen, E., Grosz, L., Longoria, S., and Stoica, D. (2013),Review of High Percentage RAP Usage in Asphalt Concrete, Pavement Recycling and Reclaiming Center, Report No. 1370-1, Pomona, CA
- Caltrans (2008). “Chapter 6: Dowel Bar Retrofit” for Maintenance Technical Advisory Guide, Volume II, Rigid Pavement Preservation, 2nd Edition.
- Kitch W. A. (1994). Deterministic and Probabilistic Analyses of Reinforced Soil Slopes, Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Texas, Austin TX, Dec
- Rinehart, E.J., Rocco, J. R., Thompsen J. M., Kitch, W. A.(1987). Design of a Combined Effects Simulator, CRT-TR-3750-1, Air Force Weapons Laboratory, Kirtland AFB NM
- Kitch, W. A.; Hayden, T. F. , III; Bewley, H.; Rinehart, E. J. (1985). Material Properties Test Number 2. Data Report, AFWL-TR-85-44, Air Force Weapons Lab, Kirtland AFB NM